Click the link below for the tax donation receipt that you can print!

Tax Donation AZ

Following information concerns a fabulous opportunity for you to give a hand up to our Mohave County homeless and at-risk veteran population. The best part of this opportunity is that it will not cost you a cent to specify the Jerry Ambrose Veterans Council of Mohave County (JAVC) as the recipient of your Arizona State Tax dollars.

We have just been approved as a Qualified Charitable Organization (QCO) by the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR)for receipt of up to $400 as an individual or $800 as a couple of your taxes due to the state. The only requirement to qualify is that you owe AZ State taxes. You do not have to be a veteran or even live in Mohave County.

The attachment gives a better description of this program but the short explanation is that you can control where your state tax money is spent. Your money stays in Mohave County and benefits military veterans and their families. More information on the “Operation 6′ program can be found at and click on the OPERATION 6 tab.

As an example- you owe $500 to the state in taxes. You can donate $400 to the JAVC and send in a form 321 along with a receipt for $400 and you would only remit $100 to the ADOR.

“A rising tide raises all ships.”
JAVC Veterans Assistance line 928-377-2487

Dorn Patrick Farrell
Jerry Ambrose Veterans Council
P.O. Box 4463
Kingman, AZ. 86402
AZ Veterans Hall of Fame member.

The Jerry Ambrose Council of Mohave County, INC (JAVC) has met the requirements for a Qualifying Charitable Organization (QCO) for the State of Arizona through the Arizona Department of Revenue. (ADOR)

What does this mean to you?

You are now able to contribute to the JAVC through your Arizona Tax credit of up to $400.00 per individual or $800.00 maximum per household or the amount you owe to Arizona. This donation to the JAVC will literally cost you nothing as you will be directing these funds from the State to the JAVC and still receive credit for making your state tax obligation. You do not have to be a military veteran or even live in Mohave County to make this contribution. You do have to owe state taxes in Arizona. You may even pay more than you owe to receive a tax credit for the next tax year. Your tax preparer can explain how this impacts your personal returns.

What will the JAVC do with the funds?

We will use these funds to provide a “hand up” to homeless, at risk, suicidal military veterans and their families. More information is available on the website www. “Operation 6” tab. We will still continue to support the annual Tri-State Veterans Stand Down and the Veterans Treatments Courts (VTC) of Mohave County. The Arnold Plaza facility will be available to all military veterans and their families for assistance with claims, benefits or other assistance as needed.

What’s the bottom line?

You still pay your state taxes but now you control where the money goes. If you want the State of Arizona to spend your money you don’t have to do anything. If you would like your tax dollars spent in Mohave County and helping military veterans this is for you.

How do I make this contribution?

You can make a check out to the JAVC, PO Box 4463, Kingman, AZ 86402 or go to our website at click on the DONATIONS tab and make the contribution. You will receive a receipt. Have your tax preparer remit the contribution to us through the same channels.

What if I already paid my Arizona State taxes?

No problem, we will file an amended return for you free of charge! Just send an email to for details.

What is the tax credit for charitable organizations?

You may claim a tax credit for voluntary cash contributions you make during any taxable year to a Qualifying Charitable Organization. A Qualifying Charitable Organization is a charity that is a 501(c)(3) or a community action agency that receives community services block grant program monies that spends at least 50% of its budget on services to Arizona residents who either receive temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) benefits, are low income residents whose household income is less than 150% of the federal poverty level, or are chronically ill or physically disabled children and shows that the charity plans to continue spending at least 50% of its budget on services to those described above. A charity has to apply for and meet all requirements of the law to be considered as a Qualifying Charitable Organization. Approved charities’ names are listed on the Department of Revenue’s website.

How do I claim the credit for contributions to Qualifying Charitable Organizations?

The credit is available only to individuals. You report the name of the Qualifying Charitable Organization you donated to as well as the dollar amount of your donation to the Department of Revenue on Form 321.

How much can I claim for the credit for contributions to Qualifying Charitable Organizations?

Taxpayers filing as “single” and “head of household” status may claim a maximum credit of $400. Taxpayers filing as “married filing separate” may claim a maximum credit of $400.Taxpayers that file as “married filing joint” may claim a maximum credit of $800.

Do I have to itemize deductions to claim the credit for contributions to Qualifying Charitable Organizations?

No. Starting with the 2013 tax year, you do not have to itemize deductions to claim a credit for contributions to a qualifying charitable organization.